Full-time | £10,200 per annum
A bit about you …
You are a motivated, focused, organised individual with a hunger and passion for all things technology. You take in pride in what you do and want a chance to prove that you can be the best. You love dealing with people and solving problems. You are a great communicator. You are confident in your abilities, but you are a team player. You are logical with an attention to detail. You thrive when working under pressure. You want to grow and are motivated to always learn more. You will be the sort of person who is relentless in the pursuit of delivering more than is expected with exceptional quality.
Is this you? Then read on…
The details …
We do want the best. If you tick the majority of the boxes below, feel free to apply. If not don’t worry – keep in touch – we are a growing business and other opportunities will arise.
Helpdesk Apprentice Role
This is an apprenticeship opportunity, for people aged over 16, under the National Apprenticeship Scheme leading to Microsoft Desktop Support Engineer qualification. It is approximately a 1 year programme with a combination of distance and on the job learning. In this role you will get paid while you learn!
The working part of the role will include:
- First line telephone and remote support and on occasions assistance with onsite projects where required.
- Liaison with third party service providers and suppliers where required.
- Maintenance of records and notes as required through current helpdesk platform.
This means that as your knowledge and experience grows you will be expected to:
- Answer, action and monitor centralised IT Service Desk phone calls.
- Carry out initial Incident diagnostics, resolve with a first line fix where possible or escalate to other areas of the IT Department to resolve if necessary.
- Use your skills to support customers via telephone, remote access tools and on occasions on site.
- Update all records in a timely manner, with associated information pertaining to the full life cycle of the support call.
- Liaise with second line support personnel, as required.
You will be given full support in the role and a future development programme beyond the initial apprenticeship towards more senior, specialist technical roles.
Other essential skills / experience include:
We are typically looking for applicants with qualifications to A level standard or equivalent. A full UK driving licence would be an advantage but not essential (we appreciate that you might not yet be old enough or had an opportunity to learn and pass a driving test yet).
In addition to your training and qualifications, you will
receive an apprenticeship salary of £10,200 per annum. Successful completion of the apprenticeship and a high standard of performance during the programme will potentially lead to an offer of employment as a qualified Helpdesk Technician within our support department.
You will also receive 20 days paid holiday (rising to 23 days between 5 and 10 years’ service) in addition to public holidays.
We are looking for someone with the ambition to progress and help the company continue its progress. You will be given the training to develop your skills and your career.
We’re not looking for a 9.00 to 5.00 mentality. Although a lot of what we do is around standard office hours, there is often the need to work to suit our customers which could mean out of hours cover and project work. You will be someone who is prepared to go the extra mile and always do what is needed to deliver the very best service.